As from my previous blog post on Getting started with resuable bpel subprocesses, you get some basic idea of resuable subprocesses in Oracle SOA 12c. Here in this blog post I am going to show you how to create a standalone bpel subprocess in your soa composite application.
I am creating a Error handler service in which there two subprocess
- AlerNotificationProcess: In this process email notification is send to the user using the notificaiton service.
- LogsProcess: In this process logs is written in the external file system using the file adapter
- Error Process: This is a parent process which is calling both the above process.
- Finally this process is exposing the soap webservice which is called by external client.
Note: In similar way you can create more bpel process and you can use the subprocess in each of your bpel process if required.
Create standalone bpel process
- Create a soa project in soa application i.e. CommonComponents and in that create a bpel 2.0 process i.e. "ErrorProcess".
- Now drag n drop the subprocess from the components tab and create two sub processes i.e. "AlertNotificationProcess" and "LogsProcess".
- Now implement the logic one by one in subprocess,
- In the AlertNotificaitonProcess, just drag and drop the email notification activity and configure it.
- Similary in the LogsProcess, Just drag and drop the file adapter and configure it.
- Now in the parent process just drag and drop these subprocesses to call where ever required.
- Map the parameters.
- Save, deploy and test the project.